Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Stuffed Peppers

Last night, I made stuffed peppers.
Pretty easy to make, and stupidly delicious. I used red bell peppers, because I'm on a red bell pepper kick.  Damn, I love those things.   But you can use whatever color you want.  Mix it up! There are several shades of peppers to use!  go crazy! Also, I used very little cheese, because dairy.  But you can use more (and actually, using a bit more would make it a bit more awesome, as well). And most other stuffed pepper recipes have rice, but as I'm cutting down on grains, I opted to not use rice. This recipe doesn't need it.  Seriously.
This isn't a strictly FODMAP recipe, because there is onion and mushroom (seriously, onion and mushroom are the basis of a vast majority of my meals.  I can't let go of them just yet.)
So, here goes.

Stuffed Peppers 
makes 6 half pepper servings.

3  bell peppers
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 cup dried cherries 
3/4 cup mushroom, chopped
3 TB tomato paste
1.5 cup red wine 
3 Tb cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper 
1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles

Preheat oven to 350.  Cut peppers in half, removng seeds and veins.  set in pan.
saute onions and mushrooms until onion is translucent, then add half cup of the red wine. Cook 3 minutes longer. Add dried cherries, and cook for 2 minutes.  Add ground beef, and season with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. When beef is cooked through, add tomato paste, and rest of red wine.  Once everything is well combined spoon into pepper halves. Top with cheese.  Bake for 25 minutes. 


So good.  
If you try the recipe, let me know!  Also, let me know if the recipe is easy to follow. I need to perfect my recipe writing skills.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment