Thursday, February 19, 2015

a daily post.

So, for lunch, I ate the leftover eggplant dish I made for dinner Tuesday night (it was good, but I have to tweak it before I give the recipe), and it gave me problems.  I ate it for lunch yesterday, and for dinner the night before that, and it didn't cause me any problems.  I really gotta figure this nonsense out.
Dinner tonight was steak and veggies.  I got the steak on sale at Safeway, it was a NY strip for $4.99 a lb. !!  From something I learned on the internet, I put the steak in a 225 degree oven for 20 minutes, then sear it in a flaming hot cast iron for 1.5 minutes each side (I like my steak very very very rare. YMMV).  Only seasoning I used was salt.  Good gravy, that was so good.  for a side,  I cut a carrot on a bias, and steamed them until soft, then added frozen broccoli and cauliflower, then added butter.  My meal was delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment