Monday, February 23, 2015

Some darn good salmon.

So tonight, I had salmon on the menu, and I wasn't terribly excited.
Last week, I had salmon, and it was very very meh, and made me feel terrible.  I think it made me feel terrible because I ate the whole huge filet.  Overeating at meals is a definite IBS trigger for me.

Today, I wanted to find a way to nom up the salmon, so my belly would be happy and full and my tastebuds excited.
I have my menu planned out for the week, and I have all the foods I need for various dishes in the appropriate staging area-either the fridge, freezer, or pantry.  Because I knew I'd need the shrimp for my lunch tomorrow (The menu says shrimp deviled eggs, but avocados were on sale, so I'm totally doing an avocdo shrimp deviled eggs.  See?  I'm flexible), and I knew I was doing a stuffed tilapia on Friday, but figured the seafood I bought for that would be too much for one meal.  So I whipped the stuff up tonight, and shmeared it on the salmon.  Holy mother of monkeys, that was awesome.  I'll definitely post the recipe on Friday, after I stuff the tilapia.  But seriously.  I ate half the filet, with some green beans.  And I'm satiated, but I want to eat that other half.  It was so good!  I won't though. Because I hate feeling like crap.

My philosophy on food is basically this: eat whole foods, and eat locally. 
My current eating plan is strong on the whole foods, terrible on the local.  Avocados? In February?  Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment