Thursday, February 26, 2015

Brunch! Now with Pictures!

I got a spiffy new phone, the LG G3, and its got an awesome camera, so more pictures!  Also, I downloaded the Blogger app, so I can post directly from my phone!  Double win!

However, this post is NOT posted from my phone, because I can't figure out how to add pictures on the app.  I am not smart when it comes to technology. Just leave me in the kitchen, and everyone will be happy.

ANYWAY,  its a day off for me, and grocery shopping is tomorrow, so today is all about leftovers. I have a few odds and ends that are made to come together, so breakfast hash it is!  Now, breakfast hash can be anything.  Have some leftover roasted veggies? Throw 'em in!  Some leftover mashed potatoes?  In they go!  Taco meat? Heck yeah!  Pork loin?  Absolutely!  All meats! All veggies!  I've been known to chuck cole slaw in the mess of an epic Leftover Hash.  Anything. Can. Go. In. Leftover hash.

My brunch does not look like a Leftover hash.  This looks like a traditional sausage and peppers with potatoes.  But honestly, the spirit of it was Leftover hash.

I had a potato that had passed its useful stage, but I cut off the offending tree bits growing from it, and chopped her up.  There was half of a large onion just languishing in the crisper, begging to be taken out of its misery.  And one last orange bell pepper from the sale last week. All together in a bowl and seasoned with salt and pepper.

look, pretty potatoes, onion, and peppers!  so very pretty..
                                           



 After heating up the pan, sauteed that mix until everything softened a bit.  Then I took a few mushrooms that hadn't been used in a recipe this week, cut them in half, and added them.

For the Record, theWoodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider is pretty good. I'm not sure why the housemate keeps it by the stove, but I don't judge.
However, the Woodchuck Raspberry Chocolate Hard Cider was Off The Hook.  So good.

Also, looking at this, I see how dirty the stove knobs are.  Sorry about that. I'll take care of that today.  Damn natural lighting!

such a pretty mixture of tastiness.  so pretty...
  
And then I sliced up the sausage, and thew in the rest of the onions and peppers from last nights dinner. At this point, it smells delicious.






 Add a couple eggs sunny side up, and a delicious brunch is had!  Or scrambled eggs, or poached eggs, or no eggs at all.  Hey, it's your life.  Life it how you want!

Right, so it'll take a few shots to perfect the pictures on blog thing.  I'm going to have fun with it. 

Now, promise me some weekend day, when you have to feed people, and you have lots of leftovers, make a breakfast hash.  let me know what you put in it.  I promise, it will be delicious!
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment