Friday, March 6, 2015

Steak and beets

So, this week, I've consumed a bit more wheat than I have in a while, with little to no reaction, so I don't think wheat is my issue.  YAY!  BUT- I have been doing quite well without it, so I shan't bring it back into the full diet, but I won't shy away from it, either.

So tonight.  Tonight!  Steak and beets!  a Red Feast if ever there was one!
Watch this video on how to make the perfect steak.  Its how I do it!

http://youtu.be/GZ4xl7XJM08

But because I like my steak bloody rare, I cook it at 225 for about 20 minutes. Then sear for 2 minutes each side.  Comes out perfect every time.

My beets I bake in the oven, with the skin still on, for about 40 minutes in 375 oven.  I then let them cool down with aluminum  foil covering it for about 20 minutes, cut 'em up and add some vinegar and salt. Soooo good.

It snowed sooo much yesterday.  When will spring come?

No comments:

Post a Comment